Essay Instructions: community nursing:describe the changes of the neighborhood over the last 30 years, identify two health problems of that neighborhood and solutions in liteature and identify any national data. After research problems consider how feasible the solutions are and if they had been done elsewhere. I wanted to use Great Kills in Staten Island NY in relation to the increase in population and the problems of increased traffic as far as safety issues are concerned to the community. I also wanted to investigate the respiratory problems of residents living in the proximity of the Fresh Kills landfill.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Please use the nursing theory titled, The Community Nursing Practice Model by theorists Marilyn E. Parker and Charlotte D. Barry to relate to nursing education for this paper to include the specifics described below:
Description of the Assignment:
1. Introduction to the paper includes a few general statements on the idea of nursing theory being applied to solve problems/issues in nursing practice, regardless of the specialty area of practice. For example, why would one pick a nursing theory to solve a practice problem? Would a grand, middle-range, or practice theory be best? Does the writer have any experience in using nursing theory this way? In addition, a brief one-paragraph summary of a specific nursing theory and information on the sections of the paper are provided. The selected nursing theory can be a grand theory, a middle-range theory, or a practice theory.
2. Description of the problem/issue for which strategies will be developed. The problem to be resolved must be in nursing leadership, nursing education, nursing informatics, or health policy. Scholarly evidence (in the form of a literature review) supporting the issue is included. The problem/issue could be local to one?s specific practice setting. For example, the setting might be a nursing unit, a nursing-education program, an informatics department, or a health-policy unit of a consulting firm. The problem/issue needs to be something that a nursing theory can impact, whether it solves the actual problem/issue or enables people affected by the problem/issue to deal with it. It is best if the problem/issue is from real life ? something the writer of the paper has dealt with or is currently engaged in.
Some examples (these are fictitious examples)
a. A nursing unit has experienced rapid turnover of professional staff, including several nurse managers. A new nurse manager from outside of the nursing unit is appointed.
b. Informatics nurse specialists face a lot of resistance from all healthcare professionals to implementation of a computer-based order entry program. The implementation date will not be changed.
c. A nurse educator is assigned to take over a large class of undergraduate nursing students, with a mix of young adults and adults returning for a second degree. The subject is difficult, students have not been doing well, and frustration and tempers are impeding group work.
d. A health-policy nurse specialist works for a consulting firm that lobbies on behalf of many healthcare professions. Within the specialist?s work unit, there is much debate over the pros and cons of various policies being proposed for attention in the coming year.
3. Applying concepts and principles from the selected theory, one strategy for resolving the identified issue is described in depth. Details on how the theory would be applied are included (consider: who, what, when, where, and how). Rationales for the strategy as well as evidence from scholarly literature are included. One ethical and/or legal aspect of the strategy is discussed. Expected outcome(s) from implementing the strategy are proposed.
4. Concluding statements include new knowledge about applying nursing theory gained by writing the paper
Format and Special Instructions
1. Paper length: 6 pages minimum; 8 pages maximum, excluding title page and reference page. Points will be deducted for not meeting these requirements.
2. The textbook required for this course may not be used as a reference for this assignment.
3. A minimum of 3 scholarly references are used. References must be current ? no older than 5 years, unless a valid rationale is provided. Consult with the course instructor about using an older source.
4. Title page, body of paper, and reference page(s) must be in APA format as presented in the 6th edition of the manual
5. Ideas and information from readings and other sources must be cited and cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing as presented in the 6th edition of the APA manual
Directions and Grading Criteria
Category Points Description
Introduction Introduction to the paper includes all of the following:
? General statements on the idea of nursing theory being applied to solve problems/ issues in nursing practice, regardless of the specialty area of practice.
? A brief one-paragraph summary of a specific nursing theory
? Information on the sections of the paper
Problem/ Issue The problem/issue is substantively discussed.
The problem is clearly in nursing leadership, nursing education, nursing informatics, or health policy.
Scholarly evidence supporting the issue is included.
Strategy All of the following are present:
? One strategy for resolving the identified issue is discussed substantively
? Concepts and principles from the selected nursing theory are clearly applied
? Rationale(s) for the strategy are evident
? Evidence from the scholarly literature supports the discussion
? At least one ethical and/or legal aspect of the strategy is discussed.
Conclusion Concluding paragraph(s) clearly show new knowledge about applying nursing theory gained from writing this paper
Paper Requirements All of the following requirements are met:
Paper meets length requirements
Minimum of 3 scholarly references
Textbook not used as a reference
References are current - within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided for use of older references
APA Format Title page, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section or topic of the paper.
Citations in Text Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.
Writing Mechanics Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: in the essay please discuss and answer the following
• Discuss how nursing is in a unique position to take on the challenge of the public's health. What more could we do? How does nursing implement the Core Functions of Public Health?
• Describe the ethical assumptions inherent in the Core Functions of Public Health. Give examples of nursing implications.
• Why is nursing care of families and groups in the community a public health concern? How is nursing care of families in the community different from nursing care we provide in acute care settings?
• Give examples of the application of the Quad Council Competencies and the Scope and Standards of Public Health Nursing as they apply to staff level and specialist level community nursing practice.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: graduate level with strict apa 6 references
Case Study #1: Mountainview College Department of Nursing (40 points)
Mountainview Community College , an associate degree-granting college, is located in a medium-sized metropolitan city of approximately 400,000 inhabitants. Health facilities include four hospitals, several-drop in clinics staffed by physicians and primary health care nurse practitioners; and a visiting nurse service in which all community-based health care except medical care is coordinated. The College provides business, technology, community service, and health science programs to approximately 6500 full and part-time students. Among the programs is a 2-year, associate-degree nursing (ADN) program. Springhaven University is also located in the city and offers a 4-year baccalaureate nursing (BSN) program. In addition to offering the 2-year ADN program, Mountainview College has entered into a collaborative partnership with Springhaven University, to offer the first two years of the BSN program. Springhaven will offer the third and fourth years. There is agreement to develop a new curriculum together. Participants from both institutions and the health community are working collaboratively to develop the new BSN curriculum.
1. Describe matters that the dean of nursing at Springhaven University and the Chair of the nursing department at Mountainview Community College should discuss about leadership of the collaborative curriculum development project.
2. What factors should be considered when deciding on leadership for the collaborative curriculum development process?
3. How might a curriculum leader be selected or appointed? Who should the leader be? Should there be two leaders, one for each institution? Why or why not? How could community nursing leaders contribute to the leadership of the curriculum development enterprise?
4. What should be included in a faculty development program to prepare potential curriculum leaders?
Case Study #2: Montag College Department of Nursing (40 points)
Old Ivy University College of Nursing offers BSN, BSN completion, MS, and PhD programs. It is located in a large metropolitan city of approximately 2,500,000 inhabitants. Health facilities include twelve hospitals, nurse practitioner clinics, home health services, and drop-in clinics. The university provides graduate and undergraduate programs to 52,000 full-and part-time students in a full range of programs.
The College of Nursing has approximately 1300 students, of whom approximately sixty percent are full-time, and these mainly in the BSN program. The BSN program has been accredited. Although the curriculum content and teaching-learning approaches have been updated periodically, the overall structure of the curriculum and the location of clinical experiences have undergone little change. Most faculty members believe that the curriculum has lost its unity and that it is time to develop a new curriculum with more progressive philosophical approaches and learning experiences.
Most faculty teaching classroom courses in the BSN program have a PhD degree; some have a master?s degree. Some clinical instructors have master?s degrees, although the majority has a BSN. Doctorally-prepared faculty teach in the MS and PhD programs although most without an undergraduate teaching assignment do guest lectures in the BSN program.
Dr. Lumella, the Dean of the College of Nursing, is supportive of the undergraduate faculty?s proposal to design a completely new curriculum. She has appointed Dr. Beverly Eme, an experienced and long-time faculty member, as the curriculum leader. Dr. Eme is a popular choice since she teaches in the BSN program and is highly supportive of faculty colleagues. Dr. Eme begins to plan how to proceed with her colleagues.
1. How can Dr. Eme help the faculty choose a change theory to guide their overall process?
2. What committees could be struck in order to facilitate curriculum development? What purposes would they serve? How should committee members be selected or appointed? Who should the members be?
3. If some of the faculty teaching in the MS and PhD programs are reluctant to participate in undergraduate curriculum development, how could Dr. Lumella and Dr. Eme encourage them to do so?
4. What decision-making approaches would be effective for the curriculum developers?
5. What could be a practical work plan for developing the curriculum? What are the logistical factors associated with joint curriculum planning by faculty members of two institutions?
6. What potential is there for publication arising from curriculum development? How might faculty determine authorship?
7. What resources might be needed for the curriculum work to be achieved?
8. What faculty development activities would be helpful?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..