Total Pages: 4 Words: 1365 Bibliography: 4 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: CODE OF ETHICS
Introduction: For your final paper we ask that you first outline your own Code of Ethics by following precisely the instructions below. In the second part of your paper we ask that you apply your Code of Ethics to determine the right thing to do in a case study from your present or future profession. Follow these instructions exactly and completely in writing your paper. Failure to do so will result in loss of points.
A. My Code of Ethics
1. Core Values: Create a list (not a bulleted list ? a detailed explanation of your values in essay format) of what you value most in life (core values) and explain why each is valuable for you to live a good life.
2. Moral Character: Do I have a good moral character? Answer this question by explaining what integrity means to you, and what virtues you aspire to cultivate and practice and what vices you try to eliminate in your life.
3. Ethics in My Life: What is the value of ethics in your life? That is, do you think you could live a happy life without trying to be ethical? Why or why not? Explain.
B. Application of My Code of Ethics
1. Choose a case study from your workplace or future profession that you think will be an interesting case to analyze and resolve.
2. Ethical Decision-Making Guide: Follow precisely the Ethical Decision-Making Guide below in arriving at what you think is the right ethical decision.
a. Facts: Identify the ethical issue and give the important facts in the case. Why is this an ethical issue and not simply a legal issue of policy issue?
b. Stakeholders: Identify the moral agent(s) and moral recipient(s) in the case and explain why these people are important stakeholders in the case. What consequences may affect each?
c. Ethical Theories: Which ethical theory or theories that we have studied this semester are helpful to you in arriving at an ethical decision in your case? Explain. If none of the ethical theories help you, explain why your own view is better.
d. Decision: Apply your Code of Ethics in this step to arrive at what you believe to be the right ethical decision and action in your case. For example, what role do your core values, moral character and ethics in your life play in your decision?
double-spaced, typed, and in 12pt. Times New Roman font and in proper essay format.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 617 Sources: 2 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: CODE OF ETHICS COMPARISON PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Carefully read the code of ethics for each of the following two organizations:
? Code of Ethics of the American Counseling Association ??" Once accessed, click on “ACA Code of Ethics and Other Ethics Resources.”
? Code of Ethics of the American Association of Christian Counselors ??" Once accessed, click on “Download Code of Ethics (Microsoft Word Document).”
2. Section One of your paper: Discuss the GENERAL similarities and differences in the these two ethics codes.
3. Section Two of your paper: Choose three (3) SPECIFIC areas from the list below and compare and contrast the two ethical codes in these areas.
Duties to Clients:
• Conflict of Interest (Dual Roles)
• Informed Consent
• Refusal of Treatment
• Sexual Intimacies
Duties to the Profession:
• Colleague Relationships
• Continuing Education
• Personal Problems
• Reporting Colleagues
• Relationship to Society
• Community Standards
• Governmental Law/Regulations
4. CAREFULLY review and adhere to the organizational stipulations described on the Code of Ethics Comparison Paper Grading Rubric.
Completed entire section.
Answers reflect an ability to think critically about the important themes in each section and a willingness to think deeply about the subject presented.
Answers are clearly stated.
Correct sentence structure.
Correct APA citations (if quotations of citations are used). Correct APA formatting.
Bibliography, Works Cited, or References pages because they are free.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Code of Ethics from a Proessional and Scientific Point of View with the Department of Justice
1:Code of Ethics-Guidelines
2: Male and Females: Are Laws The Same
B. Why not
3.Profiling in Hiring
4. Reality vs Morality of Ethics
A. Moral Ethics
B Cltural Ethics
A. What is it?
B. Ethics in Crime And Justice
C. Moral Stages and Moralization
6. Sexual Harassment
A. Have you been Violated?
A. The Right to Know
B. What do I do? Who can I tell?
8: Inappropriate Relationships
A. Just say ?No?
B. Fine Lines
A. I Have That
B. I have None
10: Crossing the Line
A. Is It Worth it?
Diller, J.V. (1999) Cultural diversity. A primer for human services. Pacific Grove,CA. Brooks/Cole . Wadsworth.
Kolberg, L. (1998) Moral stages and moralization: Theory , research and social issues, New York: Holt, Rinehart& Winston.
Kolberg,L (1991)The philosophy of moral development. New York: Harper And Row.
Lozoff, B.(1987) We?re all down time. Chapel Hill, NC: Human Kindness Foundation.
Pollock, J.(1997a) Ethics in Crime and Justice: Dilemmas and decision(3rd ed,)Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
U.S Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statics.( 2003). Code of Ethics, Washington, D.C
Government Printing Company.
U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Static its.(2004).Code of Ethics Violations, Washington, DC, Government Printing Company.
This is a guide for references that you may use.Need a summary. Want all free offers to be included in papaer.
Instructor: Jana Whiddon
Course H815-Professional and Scientific ethics
My Name Lisa Morgan
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Code of Ethics paper on Health Information. My major is Health Information Technology/Medical coding and the teacher requested that we do it on what our major is.
My critique paper should contain the following ideas:
Discuss why the code of ethics is necessary within the industry or field.
Discuss any strengths or weakness with the code of ethics.
Discuss how individual’s professional conduct is guided or not guided by the code of ethics.
Discuss how you can use the code of ethics in your professional life.
My assignment is asking me to analyze and critique the code of a company or organization. I have to see what regulations they have, what moral principles they are based on, and finally, critique the code, that is evaluate it, see if I can add something to it or maybe suggest rewording of the rules, or that some should be taken out. Whatever you do, do not talk about codes of ethics in the abstract. There has to be one taken from a web site and belonging to a real company or organization.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..