Essay Instructions: Sociology 31 Mexican American
Term Paper Assignment
The issues that you should consider for this paper are those that have affected the social development of the Mexican American/ Chicano population in the U.S. after 1848. This paper could focus on a number of different areas, such as labor issues, mutual aid socities, music and culture, educational issues, segregation, poverty, health care, racism and discriminayion, political participation, Cesar Chavez and the farm workers, Chicanos and the justice system, street gangs, the Zoot Suit Riots, the Chicano movement, the Chicano moratorium, Chicana feminism, etc. As you can see there are many choices you can make as the subject of the paper. Before you start you should make sure that you can find enough ACADEMIC SOURCES of information on your topic. If you can't find enough sources on the subject you are interested in you should consider choosing a different topic
Research- To do this paper you will need to go to the library and find at least four or more academic sources of information (scholarly books and journal articles) on your topic. The Chicano! textbook that is on reserve in the library can be one of your sources. There are several library databases that have journal articles on Mexican American/ Chicano topics. Before you start I will need you to send me an e-mail with your topic and a list of the four sources you plan to use so that I can approve it. Remember that websites, such as Wikipedia and on-line encyclopedias ARE NOT ACADEMIC sources and are not valid for use in any type of scholarly paper.
All of your sources need to be incorporated into your paper and properly cited using the APA style guide that will be handed out. This guide will provide examples of the correct way to cite of your sources. Do not plagiarize. This paper needs to be at least five pages long, typed and double spaced.
IMPORTANT! Before you start I will need you to send me an e-mail with your topic and a list of the four sources you plan to use so that I can approve it. (please do it right away as soon as you can) Latest by June 1th,2012 midnight.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Expectations for take-home exam: Students will select 2 of 5 available questions and write 2 page (typed, double-spaced) responses for each question, using texts and notes to support their responses. Exam must be completed and submitted via Turnitin within 24hours. Late exams will not be accepted.
1. The Catholic social tradition has responded to both liberal capitalism and socialism. What are some of the critiques of each system? Compare the perspectives of Leo XIII and Paul VI on the topic.
2. Both Dorothy Day and Cesar Chavez are important figures in the Catholic social tradition. Compare and contrast the social action of each individual, referring to Mich’s types of social ministry. Finally, highlight how they integrated their spirituality with their social ministry.
3. Imagine that you are asked to describe Vatican II to a friend who has never heard about it. What would you say? Using the themes of Gaudium et Spes, discuss how Catholic social thought developed after Vatican II.
4. How has social justice been defined in Catholic social teaching? Describe specifically how the principles of common good, solidarity and rights and responsibilities relate to social justice.
5. Catholic social teaching stresses that peace is not just the absence of war. What social conditions are necessary for peace? Compare the perspectives of Leo XIII, John XXIII and Paul VI.
REMINDER: JUST CHOOSE 2 QUESTIONS OUT OF 5. 2 PAGE LONG FOR EACH QUESTION.
THE REQUIRED READING BOOK IS "Catholic Social Teaching And Movements" author by Marvin L. Krier Mich
THIS TERM PAPER WILL BE TURNED IN INTO TURNITIN.COM
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Just write a paper that pertains to any particular event in California History (USA); it could be from past or recent years! Just make sure it pertains to California’s History ? Like Julio Cesar Chavez etc. it could also be in form of a Biography also ?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..