Beattie, Keith, "Up Close and Personal: Popular Factual Entertainment"
Chapman, Jane, "Issues in Contemporary Documentary," (Polity, 17 Aug 2009)
Geivett, R. Douglas, and Spiegel, James S., "Faith, Film and Philosophy: Big Ideas on the Big Screen," (InterVarsity Press, 20 Aug 2009)
Kellner, Douglas M., "Cinema Wars: Hollywood Film and Politics in the Bush-Cheney Era," (John Wiley & Sons, 13 Sep 2011)
Nichols, Bill, "Documentary and the voice of the orator"
Pryluck, Calvin, "Ultimately We Are All Outsiders: The Ethics of Documentary Filming," Journal of the University Film Association Vol. 28, No. 1 (Winter 1976), pp. 21-29
Rabiger, Michael, "Extract: Directing the Documentary"
Sachleben, Mark, and Yanerall, Kevan M., "Seeing the Bigger Picture: Understanding Politics Through Film & Television," (Peter Lang, 2004)
Schultz, Emily, "Michael Moore: A Biography," (ECW Press, 2005)
Grasmick, Harold G. "Criminal Behavior And Age: A Test Of Three Provocative Hypothesis." Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology September (1997).
How to Deal with the Lies and the Lying Liars When They Lie about "Bowling for Columbine." Ed. Michael Moore. Michael Moore. Retrieved on 16 Nov. 2004, from
Kreager, Derek A. "Strangers in the Halls: Isolation and Delinquency in School Networks." Social Forces September. (2004).
Moore, Michael. "Bowling For Columbine." DVD: 2002.
Siegel, Larry J. Criminology: The Core. 8th ed. Belmont CA: Wadworth Publishing Co. 2002.
1. The Big One. Documentary. The Writer's Guild of America, 1997. 90 min.
2. Bowling for Columbine. Documentary. The Writer's Guild of America, 2002. 120 min.
3. Fahrenheit 9/11. Documentary. The Writer's Guild of America, 2004. 122 min.
4. Hardy, David T., and Jason Clarke. Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man. New York: Regan Books, 2004.
5. He Got Game. Motion Picture. Touchstone Video, 1998. 136 min.
6. Moore, Michael. Downsize This! Random Threats From an Unarmed American. New York: Crown Publishers, Inc., 1996.
7. Moore, Michael. Dude, Where's My Country?. New York: Warner Book, Inc., 2003.
8. Roger and Me. Warner Home Video, 1989. 91 min.
Boihem, Harold. "The Ad and the Ego." 1996. http://www.mediarights.org/search/fil_detail.php?fil_id=00812
Burger, Warren E. "The Right to Bear Arms."
Glassner, Barry. Introduction: The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things. "Bowling for Columbine." 2004. http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com
Moore, Michael. "Bowling for Columbine." 2004. http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com
Parenti, Michael. "Methods of Media Manipulation." Media File, 2003. http://www.media-alliance.org/mediafile/17-5/manipulation.html