1. Food and Agricultural Organization. (2006). Genetically Modified Organisms, Consumers, Safety and the Environment. FAO Document Repository. http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/x9602e/x9602e08.htm#
2. Hand, J.R.M. (2002). The Market Valuation of Biotechnology Firms and Biotechnology R & D. Kenan-Flaglu Business School. http://public.kenan-flaglu.unc.edu/Faculty/handj/eJH%20website/Hand%20market%20valuation%20of20biotech%20and%20biotech%20RD%2020020408%20FINAL%20VERSION%2010%20LUC%20RENNEBOOG.pdf
3. Public Understanding of Biotechnology. (2006). Biotechnology Basics fact file. http://www.pub.ac.za/factfile/biotech.html
4. Shoemaker, R. et al. (2003). Consumers and the Future of Biotech Foods in the United States. Amber Waves: U.S. Department of Agriculture Service. http://ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/November03/Features/futureofbiotech.htm
5. Wikipedia. Biotechnology. Media Wiki, 2006. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotechnology
Animal test firm in pounds 800m buy-out; U.S. group takes control of Scots rivals. (2004, July 2). Daily Record, 56.
Carbone, L. (2004). What animals want: Expertise and advocacy in laboratory animal welfare policy. New York: Oxford University Press.
Charles River Laboratories. (2007). Yahoo! Finance. [Online]. Available: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CRL.
Charles River Laboratories appoints Cheri Walker, Ph.D. As corporate senior vice president, corporate development. (2007, April 24). Yahoo! Finance. [Online]. Available: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070424/20070424006422.html?.v=1.
Charles River Laboratories expands into China through a research and development venture. Yahoo! Finance. [Online]. Available: http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070323/charles_river_joint_venture.html?.v=1.
Charles River Laboratories Form 10-K. (2007, February 7). NEW EDGAR Online Pro. [Online]. Available: http://biz.yahoo.com/e/070227/crl10-k.html.
Charles River forms China joint venture. (2007).
Davies, a., Hobday, M., & Prencipe, a. (2003). The business of systems integration. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Demaine, L.J., & Fellmeth, a.X. (2002). Reinventing the double helix: A novel and nonobvious reconceptualization of the biotechnology patent. Stanford Law Review, 55(2), 303.
Donnelley, S. (1990). Animals in science: The justification issue. The Hastings Center Report, 20(3), 8.
Guither, H.D. (1998). Animal rights: History and scope of a radical social movement. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press.
Nussbaum, M.C., & Sunstein, C.R. (2004). Animal rights: Current debates and new directions. New York: Oxford University Press.
Orlans, F.B. (1990). Policy issues in the use of animals in research, testing and education. The Hastings Center Report, 20(3), 25-6.
Wallace, K., & Washburn, H. (1999). Why people don't buy things: Five proven steps to connect with your customers and dramatically increase your sales. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books.
Peter Fairley. "Germs that build circuits. " IEEE Spectrum 40.11 (2003): 36-41. ABI/INFORM Global. ProQuest. 8 Oct. 2008
Brian Johnson. "Genetic modification -- where now for Europe? " European Business Review 15.1 (2003): 61-64. ABI/INFORM Global. ProQuest. 9 Oct. 2008
Eric G. Swedin. "Designing Babies: A Eugenics Race with China?" The Futurist 40.3 (2006): 18-21. ABI/INFORM Global. ProQuest. 9 Oct. 2008
Bateson, William. (1913). Mendel's Principles of Heredity. London: Cambridge UP.
Hessenbruch, Arne. (2000). Reader's Guide to the History of Science. Chicago, IL:
Fitzroy Dearborn. Print.
Pierce, Benjamin. (2012). Genetics: A Conceptual Approach. New York: W.H. Freeman.
Torrey, Ray Ethan. (1922). The Anatomy and Physiology of the Seed Plants. Amherst,
MA: Massachusetts Agricultural College. Print.