Essay Instructions: Article Critique:
The Article Critique assignments should be formatted to include the following three sections:
• Identify the Article: The importance of this section is to provide the reader with enough information to locate the article.
• Summarize the Article: List the main points that the author has tried to establish, (i.e. 1, 2, 3 or first, second, third). On average, the summary should include at least 6 to 8 main points. For example, if you are summarizing a court case, you could discuss:
1. What provision of the law was at issue?
2. What are the facts of the case?
3. What legal tests were applied?
4. Were there any unusual elements in the case?
• Critique the Article: Provide your reaction (insightful, critical, and logical) to the points that the author made. A simple statement of agreement or disagreement is not enough. While you may make such a statement by way of introduction to your reaction, you must clearly and logically state the reasons for the position that you have taken.
The articles you select should not be more than three years old, and should be at least three pages in length.
The Article Critiques should be a minimum of two pages and no more than four pages in length (typed double spaced), and should be written according to APA style.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 1147 Works Cited: 2 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Article Critiques: You will be critiquing an article of your choice. The article must be from a peer reviewed journal, published within the last five years, and be related to either school or community counseling. These are worth 15 points each.
The following guidelines are for the Article Critique:
a. At least 2 pages, not including title page, abstract or references?
b. Appropriate use of APA style, including a title page, reference page and abstract?
c. Each student will choose a researchable topic in their area (school or community mental health)?
d. Once the article is selected, the critique must draw a conclusion on its impact on practice including measurable outcomes, interventions, treatments and/or activities to improve and/or inform practice either in CMHC or School Counseling.?
e. You will also want to evaluate the published research for ethical and cultural biases, while identifying what makes the article quantitative or qualitative.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Article Critique
Select one of the publications found on the Centre for Health Informatics (CHI) web site at http://www.chi.unsw.edu.au/CHIweb.nsf/page/Publications. Once at the site you will see a list of publications including Journal Articles, Book Chapters, Conference Papers & Presentations, Reports and Theses. Click on the categories that interest you and you will see a list of articles, reports, conference proceedings, etc. Only those items with a title appearing in blue text have links to the item; however, you may request items through the LRC. You may select from these items, but only those items with a 2005 or newer date. The article critique should be between 4-5 pages. You will author a critique of the reading using any sources of available guidance for such critiques. Examples of guidance you may use include:
• How to Critique Articles:
o Guidelines for Critiquing Research Articles, http://www2.msstate.edu/~bsc2/guidelines.htm
• 11 Ways to Critique an Article:
o http://www.unisa.edu.au/irg/documents/critiquing_articles.pdf Part I
o http://www.unisa.edu.au/irg/documents/crit_articles_pt2.pdf Part II
Format: The format for the article critique is to be as follows:
o Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.
o In addition to the pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the article you are critiquing, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: ARTICLE CRITIQUE GUIDELINES Please select, read, summarize and evaluate a journal article, written since 2005, and provide a 4 page critique of the article chosen. The critique should demonstrate significant understanding and knowledge of a topic on English language development and assessment, as per course discussions, such as: history, legal foundations, policy and or program models and their application to classroom practice (NCATE 5). If not using an article from the bibliography, please attach a copy of the article to your paper. In addition to the bibliography, in searching for articles, you may use the following sources: TESOL Journal, TESOL Quarterly, Language Learning, Second Language Research, Studies in Second Language Acquisition, Educational Leadership, Journal of Research in Childhood Education, The Journal of Special Education, The Journal of Educational Issues of Language Minority Students, and the CAL and NABE publications. At a minimum, your paper should include the following:
1. Title Page - Article title, author and bibliographic information, as well as personal info. 5 pts.
2. Article synopsis (Summary) - Synopsis of article reviewed ??" to include 15 pts. a. A summary of the article ??" includes an introduction which effectively orients the reader to the topic. b. Topic Relevance & Development of ideas - the extent to which ideas are elaborated through the use of specific, accurate, and relevant evidence ??" why did you choose to critique this particular article? c. Content & Meaning - the extent to which the paper exhibits sound understanding, interpretation, and analysis of the task.
3. What is the author’s point of view? 40 pts. a. What are the implications of this point of view for classroom instruction? b. Are these ideas/strategies feasible for your particular, or perspective classroom? c. Can you adapt, alter, or incorporate any of the author’s ideas and/or strategies to benefit your students? d. What adaptations would you make? e. Make sure that your ideas are supported by cited sources. All written work must be written in your own words. If you quote someone, be sure to cite the source.
4. Conclusion 10 pts. a. What connections can you make between this article and the topics that have been discussed in class, if any and why? b. If you are teaching, relate your new knowledge to your public school experience.
5. Bibliography??" Critique should include sources you’ve consulted to support your position - All reviews must provide an alphabetized bibliography, on a separate page, which must include at least two book sources that you’ve consulted and that are cited in the narrative of your critique. 5 pts.
6. Language Use & Mechanics ??" the essay is written informal academic register, exhibits conventional spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, paragraphing, capitalization, grammar, and appropriate language usage. 10 pts.
7. Organization - the extent to which the paper exhibits direction, shape, and coherence in 10 pts. overall development & organization.
8. Format - Compose your response in the APA style, printed on 8-1/2 x 11" paper, double 5 pts. spaced, left justified, with 1”margins on all four sides of the paper, using dark color, 12 pt standard type, like Arial or Calibri (do not use fancy script types). Maximum length is 6 pages (NO exceptions).
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..