Prepare a report in which you compare and contrast two animal welfare
assurance programs. The programs will be focused on animal welfare
care, or animal
ethics, and may include codes of practice, voluntary industry guidelines, codified regulations pertaining to a law, standards for a certification, labeling or assurance program, requirements of a corporate entity that purchases animals
products, or guidelines or rules of an association, club, or professional, educational, or service organization. The two programs will originate from two different sources, which could be in the USA or other countries, and each program will comprise at least 10 guidelines, requirements or provisos.
1. Identify the two programs that you have selected, and explain why you chose them. Provide the name, location, and home page website address of the organization administering each program. In your own words, summarize the goals and guiding principles underlying each program.
2. Discuss the relative extent to which the mind, body and nature components of animal welfare
are emphasized in the guidelines of each program. For example, within each program, you could calculate the percentage of individual guidelines addressing each welfare
3. Discuss the relative extent to which each program emphasizes engineering or resource-based guidelines as opposed to performance or animal
-based guidelines. Based on the wording of the guidelines, discuss the relative ease with which it could be determined if each guideline has been met, and the extent to which different auditors would be likely to arrive at the same conclusion when evaluating whether a particular animal
facility has complied with the guidelines.
4. Compare and contrast the methods used by each program to implement, audit, and ensure compliance with their guidelines. If audits are conducted, report on the percentage of guidelines that must be met to pass an audit, the frequency of audits, and who conducts the audits (e.g., third party or internal). Identify any penalties or consequences of failing to meet the guidelines.
5. Discuss which of the two programs you consider to have the more appropriate guidelines for assuring animal welfare
, and why. Make recommendations on how each program could be improved. Explain your reasoning.
There are faxes for this order.
[ Order Custom Essay ]