1. Brecher, M.D., Arie, speech given at a conference of the International Congress of Doctors Against Vivisection, Italian Parliament, November 8, 1989
2. The Independent, 18 November 2001, Millions of animals condemned to death in EU ruling on testing
3. The Earth Island Journal, January 1997
4. Lab animals die from heat', Billings Gazette13 February 2004,
5. Maneka's experiments with research', Indian Express, 13 May 2002
6. 'Animal rights activist is removed from government committee', British Medical Journal, 2003; 326:68, 11 January 2003.
7. HMSO (2001). Statistics of Scientific Procedures on Living Animals: Great Britain 2000. London, UK: HMSO.
8. Analysis: Animal rights and the use of animals in experimentation, Ira Flatlow, National Public Radio, 2002
Animals in Research. Retrieved December 20, 2004 from The Human Society of the United States. Web site: http://www.hsus.org/animals_in_research/index.html www.unitedcrueltyofbenetton.com/introduction.aspx"
ANIMAL RIGHTS FAQ FILE.Retrieved December 20, 2004 from Animal Rights Com. Web site: http://www.animal-rights.com/arpage.htm
Columbia University Fined for Cruel Puppy Killings. Retrieved: December 20, 2004 from Columbia University Cruelty. Web Site: http://www.columbiacruelty.com/feat-pupkillings.asp
Francione, G. Animal Rights and the Future. Retrieved December 19, 2004 from Purify Our Mind. Web site: http://www.purifymind.com/AnimalFuture.htm
ASPCA Outraged at Texas Rancher's Plan to Launch Internet Version of Canned Hunt. 2004. Retrieved December 21, 2004 from the ASPCA. Web site: http://www.aspca.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=18143
Live Cat Found In Freezer (2004) Retrieved December 20, 2004 from Animals Concerns Community. Web site: http://www.animalconcerns.org/external.html?www=http%3A//www.newsnet5.com/news/4015630/detail.html&itemid=200412220049160.0776072
United Cruelty of Benetton) Retrieved: December 21, 2004. Web site: http://www.unitedcrueltyofbenetton.com/index.ASPX (Williams, Joy, 1997) Retrieved December 19, 2004 from Animal Liberation Front. Web site: http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Philosophy/Morality/harpers.html
Bostock, Stephen. Zoos and Animal Rights. New York: Routledge, 1993
Canadian Federation of Humane Societies. (n.d.). Animals in the Wild. 17 April, 2010, http://cfhs.ca/wild/zoos
Claggett, Hilary. Wildlife Conservation. Bronx, NY: Reference Shelf, 1997.
Eakins, Paul. Captivity vs. extinction: Is wildlife served by zoos. North County Times. 1 July, 2007. 15 April, 2010 http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/article_4a263e01-934b-53a8-a1a5-8251740922d9.html
Frey, R.G. Interests and Rights. The Case Against Animals. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1980.
Kenny, A.J.P. Will, Freedom and Power. Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1975.
Kiley-Washington, Marthe. Animals in Circuses and Zoos -- Chiron's World?," Basildon, UK: Little Eco Farms Publishing, 1990
MacIntyre, Aladair. Dependent Rational Animals: Why Human Beings Need the Virtue. Chicago: Open Court, 1999.
Martin, Howard D., Wilson, Sandra C., and Carpenter, James W. Animal Welfare and Wildlife in Captivity; A perspective on veterinary ethics and responsibilities. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 23.3 (1992): 273-275
Rose, Margaret and Adams, David. "Evidence for Pain and Suffering in Other Animals." Gill Langley, ed., Animal Experimentation: The Consensus Changes (New York: Chapman and Hall, 1989), pp. 42-71.
Singer, Peter. Animal Liberation. Wellingsborough, GB: Thorsons, 1983
Wildlife Conservation Society. State of the Wild 2008-2009. Washington: Island Press, 2008.