This assignment is for hala ONLY. Hala, please follow the following guidelines EXPLICITLY.
Below are the ASSIGNMENT plus STYLE GUIDE.:
Paper for "Islamic Origins of Spanish Florida's Ft. Musa"
Read the article I put on reserve titled, "Islamic Origins of Spanish Florida's Fort Musa" by Samory Rashid. This article makes the case that the African and black Spanish population of colonial Florida has its origins in Islamic North and West Africa. It directly challenges both articles you read in African American
Heritage of Florida (Landers "Traditions of African American Freedom
and Community in Spanish Colonial Florida" and Hall's "African Religious Retentions in Florida")
You are to write a 2 page paper that examines all three articles (You should group Landers and Hall together opposed to the Rashid article). Which author(s) make the most compelling case? You are to critique the interpretations and especially the evidence of each author. It would be helpful if you identify which author uses direct evidence and which author may be speculating from the sources.
(Do not write a summary of the reading, your paper must be analytical and interpretive in nature in order to get full credit) Be sure to print up my style page.
1. Limit the number of direct quotes. Students often compile sentences full of direct quote from sources instead of writing sentences themselves. Too many quotes may cause a lower letter grade. Also you should never end a paragraph with a quote. The last sentence of each paragraph should be a conclusion sentence that essentially states what the point of the paragraph is about. Further more, when you use quotes, you need to follow every quote you use with a sentence explaining why the quote you used is applicable to the point you are trying to make. Do not assume the reader is in your head and understands why that quote is important. It is paramount you explain yourself fully and completely. Do not assume anything.
2. You are to use correct style, spelling and grammar at all times. All papers are expected to be written in expository style, meaning in the most professional manner and without the use of 1st, 2nd or 2nd person plural (i. e. I, you, me, my, mine, or we). Your paper must be in 3rd person. You must use the rules of formal writing and do not write as if you are writing in a familiar style. To be sure to avoid obvious grammar and style mistakes then purchase a copy of William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White's Elements of Style. A link to the purchase information is here.
3. Your papers must be typed with fonts no larger than 12pt, double spaced and stapled with no covers. Papers must be in hard copy, no disks will be accepted nor will printer or computer problems translate into the ability to turn in a late paper with no grade repercussions. A paper successfully turned in via email in word or word perfect format can be accepted with prior approval. All late papers will be marked down one letter grade for every calendar day it is late.
4. All papers are expected to have introduction, body and conclusion paragraphs. Additionally, every paper must have a thesis statement that conforms to this specific assignment. Your thesis statement must be specific and direct and must correspond as an answer to the question the assignment requires you to answer. Vague and general thesis statements that do not indicate a position or overall direction of the paper will suffer a lower grade. If anything previously mentioned is lacking or poorly developed in your paper, it will result in a lower grade.
5. Finally your paper must specifically and directly address the question for this assignment. Deviation from the question or ambiguity in answering the question will result in a low grade.
6. Unless you use outside sources you do not need a bibliography or works cited page. If you are using materials assigned in class then be sure to include a page number and reference to the title and/or author. If you are using materials outside the required class reading then you are to make some citation in footnotes/endnotes, APA, or MLA or some alternative citation style with the inclusion of a bibliography or works cited page.
There are faxes for this order.
[ Order Custom Essay ]