Essay Instructions: Henry James, The Ambassadors
Topic: Strether''s education in Paris.
What does Strether learn in Paris? How does he learn it? From whom does he learn it? And what effect does what he learns have on him? Analyze and interpret three scenes or passages from the novel that illustrate your thesis.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES, PLEASE READ ALL AND FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES: THANK YOU!!!!!
Discuss the following question in a concise and brilliant essay of about 1200 to 1400 words, around 4 to 5 double-spaced, typed pages.
In Book 9 of The Iliad, three ambassadors approach Achilles about ending the quarrel with Agamemnon and returning to the war. Each ambassador offers something different, and Achilles responds to each offer differently. What are the offers, what response does Achilles make to each, and why does Achilles make the responses that he does.
1. ONLY QUOTES CAN PROVE YOUR CASE
2. DO NOT OVERLOOK THE DEFINITIONS AND IMPORTANCE OF HONOR
TIPS FOR WRITING THE PAPERS
Try to only use quotes and citations from Iliad. So basically no outside sources
I. Introduction (1 Paragraph)
1. Thesis sentence – or illuminating quote followed by thesis sentence
2. Some sentences introducing the points you are going to make in body of paper
3. Sentences introducing conclusion
II. Body of Paper (USE QUOTES)
1-2 paragraphs for each point mentioned in the intro. NO NEW POINTS begin here
Body must cover all points made in intro
Conclusion brings your paper into:
1- a longer time prospective
2- a higher level of generality
(3-4 Sentences; maximum 1 quote)
Citations: indent ( Iliad, book number, lines)
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Page 1:
Describe you qualifications for a masters of business program
My current job description: (please summarize the job description below and write a qualification ability based on it)
In charge of Finance, Marketing, Management and Human Resource’s duties.
Supervise up to 10 staff members, including preparing weekly rosters and leading staff evaluations
Responsible for financial transactions including: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Daily cash reporting.
Conducted month end closing and generated all corporate financial reporting, Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow Statement.
Reclassification of cash accounts and reconciliation of bank statements and posting entries to General ledger.
Provide exceptional customer service for existing clients by analyzing trouble calls.
Prepare and audit all support documentation for billing and payroll.
Implemented a new customized computerized system to bring efficiency in material management.
Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Describe 3 most important accomplishments to date.
1. Accepted as in intern at the world’s most prestigious Film Festival to handle operations at the hub of all American activity. Duties included communicating with various agencies, press outlets, coordinating and budgeting events and problem resolution in an international setting.
2. Saw opportunities to increase sales with company products. I was instrumental in becoming the factory's first distributor in Bath Products. The Bath Program under my guidance has become such a success at the company that our company is now the model for all other distributors of bath products.
3. As Ambassadors for a Peaceful Multicultural World we were trained to develop strategies that increase the understanding and respect for diverse groups on campus and in the world. After receiving training as an Ambassador I facilitated group discussions on diversity issues in university classrooms and other campus groups. Discussions were held in Freshman Seminar classes, at New Student Orientation, and within many other classroom settings at the university. As an Ambassador for Peace I highlighted topics of diversity, inclusion and social justice in classes and student gatherings.
Describe your career goal for the next 3-5 years.
I would like to be educated enough to understand and facilitate multiple branches.
Be disciplined and trained in a fast paced and agressive business industry.
Establish a brand and market it within the architectural and building solutions industry.
Be able to purchase multimillion dollars inventory deals and establish distribution channels.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This is a letter that states why I would like to transfer from the law school I am currently at to this other school. I must also state why I want to practice law and how law school will help me reach my eventual goal.
I would like the essay to begin by stating that what originally attracted me to the study of law is that it is a profession steeped in history. The school that I wish to transfer to, is call JOHN MARSHAL LAW SCHOOL and I included a small history of John Marshal on the pages that I am going to fax over.
The bulk of my essay need to talk about my interest in public service and how a legal degree from John Marshal Law School will help me achieve my goal in being active in public service. It is crucial to show that where I am now (A) and where I would like to eventually (X) and how law school will allow me to get from A to X.
First start out with some history:
1. As an undergraduate student, I was a Purdue University Student Ambassador. I held this position for three years (6 semesters). I saw it as my responsibility to encourage student involvement in university decisions that affected them. Myself and a small group of ambassadors set up a Bi-monthly ?lunch with your dean? program. This program would allow students to get involved by giving them an opportunity to have their voices heard by the Deans of each school. The program began 1/1/99 and is still in effect today.
2. After graduation (6/2001) I became a volunteer for the American Civil Liberties Union. (I will fax info about this organization) I started by answering phones and taking down information about civil liberties violations to determining whether or not each call would be a case that the organization would like to get involved with. I enjoyed this position because it allowed me to talk directly to people who felt they had been wronged and offer advice for different avenues they could explore to remedy their situation if the ACLU was not able to take their case
3. In March 2002, I was then promoted to a project coordinator. This allowed me to plan programs and do community outreach. Again I loved this position because it gave me a forum where I could encourage public awareness about civil rights violations and also encourage community activism.
4. Now in law school. I am still a Member of the ACLU club on campus. My time is more limited now because the first year of law school is so busy, but I still help plan events for the group and encourage activism among law students at my present school.
What I would like to do is to show a chain of involvement and dedication that began at Purdue and that I hope to turn into a career. John Marshal law school will be a great place to do this at because they have a program called the FAIR HOUSING CLINIC. I will be faxing a description of the clinic, what they do and their mission. Please use this in as the next link on the chain to a career in public service.
Conclude with a statement that states that John marshal law school will be the best place for me to achieve my final goal or something to that effect.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..