Essay Instructions: write about a poem called "love song of j. alfred prufrock" by t.s. eliot and its impact on 20th century poetry.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: 1. Write a brief composition in which you give a character sketch of J. Alfred Prufrock. Support any statements about Prufrock's Character with details from the poem. ( essay formal: Introduction, body paragraph, and Conclusion are required.)
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: ****Examine literary devices used in T.S. Eliot?s ?The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.? Specifically, note and discuss instances of irony, Biblical allusion, and symbolism in the work.****
-this paper is an analysis and should NOT include personal opinions..focus on what scholars have said
-be objective and use 3rd person only and MLA style
-all sources should come from literary journals or non-reference books...no bibliography material..no encyclopedias
-thesis statement should be clear and concise;it should name the points you will make in the paper.
-(Be sure to include the name of the work(s) and the author(s), correctly punctuated to give credit for reference per MLA protocol. You MUST use at least four secondary sources in addition to the primary source(s) you have chosen. Encyclopedias, reference-type books, doctoral dissertations, interviews, and the like are not acceptable. You should consult articles, books, and/or essays which directly relate to your topic or to the general style of the author you have chosen. These works must come from scholarly journals (such as the English Journal or from a collection of essays written on the works of the author(s) you are researching. Please use the Internet only as a guide: materials found on the ?Net? are often written by non-professionals and may contain erroneous materials. Of course, sources accessed through MELO or the MAGNOLIA databases (through the college?s library web page) are acceptable.
-In order to properly document the paper, you should use the MLA Handbook (on reserve in most libraries). Your paper must have a separate title page and works cited page (in addition to the content). The paper must be typed using size 12 type and a standard font/ style. The content of the paper must be no fewer than five and no more than eight full pages. Because you have enrolled in this class, it is assumed that you have successfully mastered college-level writing skills; major errors (such as fragments, comma splices, and subject/verb agreement) will count five points each, while minor errors (such as pronoun use, word choice, verb tense, etc.) will count two points each. Your thesis/focus must be clear, and each paragraph must begin with a clearly stated topic sentence. Please proofread your papers carefully before turning them in.
- Please follow MLA style on this. In addition to the content, you must provide a WORKS CITED page. Entries are listed alphabetically by authors? last names. You should not include any work whose author is not identified. Also, remember that Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, and the like are not considered acceptable scholarly sources. They are fine to use for help in getting started?getting ideas for your paper, but please do not list them or cite them in your paper.
2. Inaccurate copy of source material is a form of plagiarism; be very careful.
3. You MUST give credit to all writers/authors whose ideas/words you use/borrow. If you do not, you are plagiarizing. Of course, you do not need to ?cite? everything. Ideas that are common knowledge (something you already knew or that you find virtually in every source you consult) do not need to be documented (cited in parenthetical form). REMEMBER: You must also cite/list your PRIMARY source (the story or poem you are writing about).
4. In the text of your paper, if the author?s name has been mentioned (cited) in a previous citation, you do not need to list it again in the parenthetical reference. Only the page number is required. If you are not using a direct quote, you should begin the source material with a referral to the author?s name, so that I will know where the material you are ?borrowing? begins.
5. You MUST use each of your sources AT LEAST once in the text of your paper. Ideally, you should use them MORE than once since this is a research paper, but it is understandable that some of your sources will be more useful/appropriate than others.
6. You must use only scholarly articles; articles written by teachers or students, even if they appear on EbscoHost or on the MELO site (for example) should be avoided. These folks are really no more literary scholars than you or I.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Write an essay comparing or contrasting the narrator''s philosophy of life in "The Road Not Taken" with Prufrock''s philosophy in "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock." Use the 5-paragraph style for your essay''s form. Where appropriate, illustrate your supports with quotes (no more than four) from the two poems. Keep in mind that you are comparing and contrasting the narrator''s and Prufrock''s beliefs, not Frost''s and Elliot''s- even though an author writes a work, one should be able to separate the author from the character''s. "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost and "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..