Essay Instructions: Please provide a writer who is familiar with APA 6th edition format only. I had a lot of difficulty in the past. Thank you very much.
Psychology Of Social Change
Topic: Drinking (Alcohol) among college freshman and how it correlates to parenting styles (Authoritarian, Authoritative, Permissive and uninvolved).
B. Also consider when the drinking occurs and the frequency.
C. Please include the name/description of at least two evidence based assessment instruments used in studies within the last six years to measure parenting styles (evidence based questionnaire given to parents) and two instruments (evidence based questioners/assessment tools) given to the young adults ages 18-24.
The paper must include the following sections:
1. A description of the problem. You can enhance this section with excerpts from local news stories or governmental statistics. You may also wish to include summaries of interviews with individuals who are affected by the problem. Explain the primary cause for the social change?
2. An analysis of the problem using one of the social change theories within the last 7 years?
3. A proposal for at least one concrete action that can be developed to help ameliorate the problem. Include information about how the action would be funded. Your proposed action needs to be supported by psychological and/or sociological theory, research, and practice. What are the strengths of this theory in evaluating this issue? What are the limitations of this theory in evaluating this issue?
4. Explain how psychologists / mental health professionals can play a key role in driving or supporting your proposed action. Consider how economics and entrepreneurship might be effectively and creatively employed as tools of social change in the cause of alcoholism?
5. Critique your suggested action by examining how feasible it would be culturally, politically, economically, and otherwise, given what you know about the Jewish community. Consider other studies that were already done in other communities and predict a potential outcome within the Jewish community? Also, consider ethnic Inequality and Social Change.
6. Discuss the potential positive and negative outcomes of applying your selected interventions to the problem and be sure to outline the potential unintended consequences of you suggestions.
7. Discuss any ethical issues that your suggested action would pose for psychologists and how these issues may be addressed.
8. Briefly discuss how you might evaluate the outcomes of your proposed action. B. At least one concrete action that could be taken with knowledge, research, or education to further the change you are considering. Describe any ethical implications related to the action you propose.
9. Finally, Consider the local New York family or child/adolescence related policy or program researched (on drinking), describe this policy / program, and briefly summarize its key objectives. Was / is the program successful? Drawing from the research, has the program implemented strategies supported by the research? If not, what research-supported strategies should be employed to increase the effectiveness of the program?
Although not mandatory, these are good References to Assist some of the Research:
Cicchetti, D. (2004). An odyssey of discovery: Lessons learned through three decades of research on child maltreatment. American Psychologist, 59, 731-741.
Culbertson, J. (1991). Child advocacy and clinical child psychology. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 20, 7-10.
Little, L., & Kantor, G. K. (2002). Using ecological theory to understand intimate partner violence and child maltreatment. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 19, 133-145.
Nelson, G., Laurendeau, M., & Chamberland, C. (2001). A review of programs to promote family wellness and prevent the maltreatment of children. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 33, 1-13.
Prilleltensky, I., & Nelson, G. (2000). Promoting child and family wellness: Priorities for psychological and social interventions. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 10, 85-105.
Walker, L. (1999). Psychology and domestic violence around the world. American Psychologist, 54, 21-29.
Howard, G.S. (2000). Adapting human lifestyles for the 21st century. American Psychologist, 55, 509-515.
Oskamp, S. (2000a). A sustainable future for humanity? How can Psychology help? American Psychologist, 55, 496-508.
Oskamp, S. (2000b). Psychologists' roles in achieving a sustainable future. American Psychologist, 55, 459-460.
Raven, J. (2001). Psychologists and sustainability. American Psychologist, 56, 455-457.
Comas-Díaz, L. (1998). Ethnic conflict and the psychology of liberation in Guatemala, Peru, and Puerto Rico. American Psychologist, 53, 778-792.
Comas-Díaz, L. (2000). An ethnopolitical approach to working with people of color. American Psychologist, 55, 1319-1325.
Katz, P. A. (2003). Racists or tolerant multiculturalists? How do they begin? American Psychologist, 58, 897- 909.
Weinstein, R. S., Gregory, A., & Strambler, M. J. (2004). Intractable self-fulfilling prophecies: Fifty years after Brown v. Board of Education. American Psychologist, 59, 511-520.
Marsella, A. J. (1998). Toward a global community psychology: Meeting the needs of a changing world. American
O'N eill, P. (2005). The ethics of problem definition. Canadian Psychology, 46, 13-20.
Prilleltensky, I. (1989). Psychology and the status quo. American Psychologist, 44, 795-802.
Prilleltensky, I. (1997). Values, assumptions, and practices: Assessing the moral implications of psychological discourse and action. American Psychologist, 52, 517-535.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 6 Words: 1941 References: 5 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Application community health project, part 1-identifying the projects focus
Topic alcoholism in adolescence
1 identify a significant health issue and a particular population for which you will develop a health promotion or disease management plan
2. Draw on evidence from your learning research resources and additional research to establish the significance of the health issue
3. Examine relevant evidence about this particular community and the significance of this health issue to them. Discuss at least one asset and one challenge of this particular population
4. Describe the general approach you will take to this health issue (prevention, promotion,or disease management), and provide a rationale for this choice
5. Include a minimum of 5 resources
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This paper needs to be an ARGUMENT by ANALOGY essay. Alcoholism needs to be compared with something that it is not(an extended comparison of unlike things). The thesis NEEDS to be an argument, and then work the analogy off of that. It should be at least 5 paragraphs. Only one MLA style citation needed. The analogy should make a point. Please, if you have any questions...just ask...the last paper I requested was done incorrectly the first time. I need the paper on Monday afternoon!!!Thank you for your time and effort!!!
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: How does the consumption of alcohol in Raymond Carver's "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" (short story) relate to Raymond Carver's personal struggles with alcoholism?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..