Total Pages: 5 Words: 1310 Sources: 7 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Want to show that the world view of English influenced their agricultural practices and how these practices change the ecology of the land in New England. Want to show the differences in Native American world view and how that view influenced their agricultural practices and how those practices effected the ecology as well.
Need to include at least one primary source. Paper must include footnotes or endnotes that are numbered consecutively as they are used. Need to cite exact page numbers used from sources. Need to include photocopies of title pages of books used and full copies of articles used. Chicago manual of style. Paper is for Hist 2010.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 670 References: 1 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: This week?s readings focus on human impacts on global systems. These readings will set the stage for the rest of the quarter, and will help frame some of the issues and questions we will be investigating.
Please answer the following questions in full and complete sentences in 12pt type. The total length of this assignment should be between 1.5 and 3 double-spaced pages.
Vitousek et al. 1997
1. What does Vitousek identify as the major sources of Land Transformation? Identify low, high and medium impact land transformations, based on the reading.
2. How do humans alter oceans? What ocean systems are most affected?
3. What biogeochemical cycles are altered by humans? What are the consequences of these alterations?
4. What effect do humans have on the Earth?s biota?
Foley et al. 2005
1. What is the main irony of human land use?
2. In what ways has human food production changed in the last 40 years, and what are the consequences of these changes?
3. In what ways do agricultural practices alter freshwater resources?
4. Human activities also alter a number of other resources and processes mentioned in this paper. Pick one, and explain how human activities have altered this resource or process.
5. Foley lists several ?win-win-win? land-use practices. Pick one, and list the environmental, social and economic benefits of these practices
Synthesis (focus on these questions, as they will come up in class discussion as well)
1. Humans are clearly affecting change on environmental systems. Do these papers give the impression that humans are part of, or apart from, natural systems? Does this viewpoint matter? Explain your answer.
2. Are these changes important if they have no negative consequences for human-kind? Explain your answer.
3. Do you believe your daily actions (e.g. eating) have global consequences? Explain your answer
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 6 Words: 2434 Works Cited: 6 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: If you have maps or figures these can add another 2 pages, or be embedded in the text. Formats for sources are flexible--use what you are used to: footnotes or not, references numbered or not.
*YOU MUST CONNECT each reference to the part(s) of the paper where it is used.*
For your Watershed Paper, you will look at 1 or 2 medium sized watersheds in the Netherlands
• You will look at the current water status of the watershed: quantity and quality of supply and demand.
• You will look at the cities and/or industries which are stressing the water-shed(s). The stresses might include additional population, additional or changed agricultural practices, dams, new industries, forestry or any of the other behaviors or natural changes that de Villiers or I talk about in this section of the course.
• Finally, looking ahead 15-20 years, what is the likely future scenario of the stresses on your watershed(s). Do NOT include climate change ALONE as one of these future stresses--but you may use it in combination with other stresses.
1) Discuss the characteristics and severity of any current water crisis and the situation 15-20 years from now (including human and other ecological impacts).
2) When choosing the watershed(s) you're going to work on, tell the reader where they are in the country and what goes on there.
**Including at least one map is strongly advised.**
If possible, talk about what it is (was) like with minimum human activity and what it is like now. If there are plans for the near future already laid out, those can be covered in the section on the future below [5)].
3) Is there a water crisis currently in these watersheds? If not, has there been one in the past few years or decades? If so, how severe is it? Remember that you're looking at all members of the ecosystem (not just humans). Use de Villiers' early chapters as a guide to this part. You can sometimes say clearly yes, or clearly no. Sometimes it's hard to tell.
4) Are there any obvious policy or other economic measures that you could (would) introduce to ease the situation TODAY. You must justify these, so please don't list a bunch of 'pie-in-the-sky' measures (make sure they are somewhat feasible/practical/viable options).
5) Looking 15-20 years ahead and using your knowledge from the urban part of the course: What do you think the watershed(s) is (are) going to look like?
6) Repeat 4) for the future situation. Has a water crisis appeared where there was none before? Has the crisis worsened if it was there before? Discuss the policy and economic measures in the future context.
Customer is requesting that (tomlr_98) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 6 Words: 1501 Bibliography: 4 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: water crisis, watersheds in Italy
At least one map is requiredFor your Watershed Paper, you will look at 1 or 2 medium sized watersheds in a country You will look at the current water status of the watershed: quantity and quality of supply and demand.
You will look at the cities and/or industries which are stressing the water-shed(s). The stresses might include additional population, additional or changed agricultural practices, dams, new industries, forestry or any of the other behaviors or natural changes
Finally, looking ahead 15-20 years, what is the likely future scenario of the stresses on your watershed(s). Do NOT include climate change ALONE as one of these future stresses--but you may use it in combination with other stresses.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..