Total Pages: 3 Words: 1111 Sources: 3 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Dr. Williams is a new graduate from an overseas medical school. He has passed all applicable licensing exams and requirements allowing him to legally practice medicine. Because he graduated from a medical school outside of the U.S. he experienced a hard time finding a full-time permanent position.
Dr. Williams knows that his classmate and friend, operates a medical clinic in another state. The clinic provides abortion services and is very profitable. Dr. Williams decides to open a similar clinic.
One of Dr. Williams' patients, Joan, suffers injuries as a result of an error by Dr. Williams. This was witnessed by an assistant (YOU) who no longer works with Dr. Williams. Anticipating a lawsuit, Dr. Williams shows Joan?s medical records to a friend for advice. His friend tells Dr. Williams to contact his medical malpractice insurance carrier.
Please prepare your responses for the following questions:
Discuss whether there has been a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)?
If Dr. Williams is in violation of HIPAA, might he be subject to criminal prosecution and, if found guilty, what penalties might he face?
Be sure to apply critical thinking skills from your analysis of the current literature on the above topics;
Limit your paper to 3 pages (single-spaced, 10-12 point font),
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Prepare a 1,050-1,750-word paper in which you explain the application of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)in the current employment environment. Describe the impetus of this law and how it evolved from organized labor activity to more widespread application.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 6 Words: 2566 Works Cited: 6 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: As a nurse in a 100-bed community hospital, you are part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of hospital professional staff tasked with investigating a new computerized management system for the hospital. Unfortunately, most of the team consists of doctors and you are the only nurse selected to participate, making it hard for you to voice your concerns. You decide to document your findings and concerns in a report and submit it to the group.
Conduct a search and evaluation of two new computerized management systems. Then write a report (6 pages) for the team:
A. Explain how using the computerized management systems could increase quality of care.
B. Explain why active nursing involvement in the planning, choice, and implementation of the systems is important
C. Describe how handheld devices used by the nursing staff could be integrated into the management systems for better quality of care.
D. Discuss security standards of data and patient confidentiality, including the need for data storage integrity and data backup and recovery and how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements impact the use of the systems.
E. Discuss how the new systems can affect healthcare cost.
F. Discuss the benefits these new systems can offer to patient care and nursing care delivery.
1. Recommend the system you think the team should purchase.
a. Justify your recommendation.
G. Include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Address following areas:
1. Provide a credible and well-supported explanation of using the computerized management systems could increase quality of care.
2. Provide a credible and well-supported explanation of why active nursing involvement in the planning, choice, and implementation of the systems is important.
3. Provide a precise description of how handheld devices used by the nursing staff could be integrated into the management system for better quality of care.
4. Provide a credible and well-supported discussion of security standards of data and patient confidentiality, including the need for data storage integrity and data backup and recovery and how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements impact the use of the systems.
5. Provide a credible and well-supported discussion of how the new systems can affect healthcare cost.
6. Provides a credible and well-supported discussion of the benefits these new systems can offer to patient care and nursing care delivery.
8. Recommendation: which system the team should purchase.
9. Provide credible and well-supported justification for the recommendation.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Details Danville Airlines
Read the case study "Danville Airlines" and write a paper of 750-1,000 words, that addresses the following:
1) Discuss the issue of genetic testing and screening. What are the benefits and the drawbacks of genetic testing? Specifically, what were they for Reiger?
2) Assume it is technically legal for Danville to test Reiger without his consent. Did Danville have a right to do so? Why or why not?
3) Assume it was illegal. How does that change your answer?
4) Now, assume that Danville's attorneys say the law is ambiguous, and that fighting a lawsuit would be expensive. How does that change your answer?
5) Discuss Reiger's situation in light of (a) the 1974 Privacy Act, (b) The Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and (c) the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act.
6) Does the knowledge that Reiger lost his father to Huntington's disease and that he has a 90-percent chance of developing the same condition make a difference in your decision?
7) What recommendations should Julie Taylor make?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..