Essay Instructions: PAPER #1 INSTRUCTIONS
Due: 3/19/12 at 11:59 PM via BlackBoard
Length: 3-6 pages (not including title page and reference).
Assignment: Write a brief research paper about the relationship between self-esteem and academic performance. Each student in the class will need to collect data from 2 African American students, 2 Latino/Hispanic students, and 2 White/Caucasian students (6 students total). All of the data MUST be collected by 2/27/12 so we can enter the data into Excel in class that day. A copy of the questionnaire that you need to pass out is posted on BlackBoard (Course Documents? Assignment 1).
Formatting: All parts of your manuscript should be double-spaced with 1? margins on every side. You also need to use the header option on your word processor to give your manuscript a Running Head and page numbers in the upper right (see p. 153 for an example).
You will be primarily graded on the clarity of your writing and your ability to adhere to APA style.
Your paper should consist of the following parts:
Title Page: See p. 163 in the textbook for more information and p. 153 for an example.
Introduction: This should be brief, about 3-6 paragraphs. See pp. 163-164 in the textbook for more information and p. 155 for an example. Remember to 1) introduce the research question or problem, 2) review the relevant research on the topic, and 3) state your hypotheses and explain why they make sense given the literature you reviewed earlier.
Here is a simple way of structuring your introduction:
1) Start the paper by broadly describing the research topic.
2) In the next few paragraphs, provide the background literature on topic; be sure to include key theories and findings.
3) In the next few paragraphs you should transition to your study and set forth your hypothesis along a brief justification for your hypothesis based on the background literature from the previous paragraph.
Method: You should use subheadings, such as participants, procedure, and materials, even though they will be very brief. See p. 164 in the textbook for more information and pp. 156-158 for an example.
Results: You need to report 3 correlations total (1 correlation each for racial group). Specifically, you need to report the correlation between self-esteem and GPA. I will show you how to report correlations. See pp. 165-166 in the textbook for more information and p. 158 for an example.
Discussion: In 2 to 3 paragraphs briefly discuss 1) whether or not the results support your hypothesis, 2) why or why not, 3) what the implications of your research for our understanding of the issue being studied, and 4) any alternative explanations for your results. See p. 166 in the textbook for more information and p. 159 for an example.
References This should be a separate page, and should have at least 4 references. See pp. 167-168 in the textbook for more information and p. 160 for an example. Use the two articles given to you in class and find two on your own.
You do not need to include anything not listed above. There is no need for an author?s note, footnotes, abstract, or figures. You?ll also note I did you a favor and listed the components your paper should have in the order they should appear.
LITERATURE REVIEW KEYWORD SEARCHES: psychological disengagement; stigma; self-esteem
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 5 Words: 1397 Sources: 0 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Please follow the steps below to find the school data requested.
Step one: Go to the California Department of education website to this page -Academic Performance Index (API). http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/ap/
Step Two: Go to API Reports then to District Reports. Then Search for San Diego Unified School District. Also find School Reports.
Step Three: Answer the following questions:
1. What is the definition of API? Use the Information Guide pdf posted on the website for your answer. 2011/12 Academic Performance Index Reports - Information Guide, May 2012
2. What was the San Diego Unified API Growth Score for 2012? (a number between 200-1000)
3. What was the San Diego Unified API Base Score in 2011?
4. Search for any school in the San Diego Unified School District. Give me the name of the School and the school API Growth Score for 2012?
5. Finally, do you think this is a website with data that parents in our state should know about? If so why?
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 671 References: 3 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Write an essay 2 to 3 pages in length to explain how teacher expectations influence student academic performances. In this essay you must: 1. Identify the grade level/ or subject area of the students for whom these expectations are intended. I prefer 3rd grade. 2. Describe FIVE expectations that would positively influence student academic achievement. These expectations might address such areas as completing work to earn passing scores, or communicating positively with others in group or partner work to complete cooperative assignments. If you choose to use outside sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 25 Words: 8166 Works Cited: 60 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Topic: Effect of school-based mental health program on emotional intelligence, social behaviors, psychopathology and academic performance of inner- city [at -risk/ African American] adolescents.
I want a head start on my Ph.D thesis literature review chapter
Lay out of chapter;
1. need for school based mental health programs in inner-city schools.
2. Problems faced by school based mental health programs.
3. How enhancing emotional intelligence through psychotherapy can enhance academic performance and reduce behavioral.
4. relationship between psychiatric symptoms such as depression, anxiety etc can effect behaviors and academic performance in adolescents.
5. How enhancing the development of a healthy self-concept can reduce negative decisions, peer pressure, negative behavior, and improve academic performance.
6. Given all of the above make a case for the need and improvement of school based mental health programs.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..