Essay Instructions: The research paper is on censorship/banning of the childern's novel, "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I need a critical, analytical essay of A Wrinkle in Time” by Madeleine L’Engle using the Feminist Theory that is discussed in "Literary Theory: A Very Short Introduction" by Jonathan Culler. The essay should be 5 pages double-spaced with 12 pitch font. Please choose sections of the text that reflect the ways in which it can be studied via the feminist theory as described by Cullen. Also please use direct quotations from “A Wrinkle in Time” to support the ideas.
Here are some questions that I would like to be answered in the essay. Also use texts from the book to explain answers and site them in the text using page numbers.
1. The feminist theorist believes that woman who do not conform to cultural or societal norms are excluded because they are different. Does this occur to any of the characters in the story and what do they do that is not considered normal?
2. There are many factors that determine how a work is interpreted. Based on the feminist Theory would a woman reader interpret “A Wrinkle in Time” differently than a male reader? Why?
3. The feminist theories criticism has been especially interested in the way American and European narratives are addressed as having a masculine view. Is this the case for the narrator of “A Wrinkle in Time”? Why? In other words does Meg have a masculine view of the world in the book? Why or why not?
4. Do the female characters in the book behave in a stereotypical “female” way or do they ignore typical societal and cultural norms that most women held at the time the book was written? (Specifically Meg, her mother and any of the “other beings” she encounters).
5. Cullen states that the "modern individual" is a person finds their true identity through love of their family and not by their place in society. Is this the case in the story? Why or why not?
If you have any questions please email me at
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..